Monday, June 30, 2014

My Testimony


Reveals GOD's good love in everyday life and the blessings that are everywhere if only we would take the time to look and see His mighty Hand at work.

I've spent weeks searching for a
contractor to modify my home to accommodate my dad's limited mobility.  I called several people, dealt with voicemail and answering machines and days waiting to hear back from the companies I called.  Frustrated doesn't even come close to what I was feeling.  

So, finally arrangements were made for the contractors to come to my home.  Some were late, while others didn't come at all.  Where are the professionals?  The first guy came out and I never heard from him again.  The second guy came out and gave me an estimate over $3,800.  The third guy came out and gave me a estimate of around $2,700.  

I was disheartened to say the least.  We didn't have that kind of money.  I turned to GOD in prayer and kept looking for a contractor that I could afford.  

While cleaning the front yard I saw that someone had posted a flyer on my porch rail.  I was all set to throw the flyer out without even bothering to look at it but the word contractor caught my eye.

I didn't think I'd be able to afford the badly needed modification for my dad but I couldn't not trust GOD when I had asked Him for His help.  I made the call and continued to pray that I'd find someone who would do quality work that I could pay for.

The contractor comes out and he's like an old friend.  I offered him water and he drank and talked to me about my dad and showed concern for us.  He went about measuring the house and dad in his power chair.

He shouted out that it would be 975.  I thought to myself, this guy is nuts.  I'm not gonna pay $9,750 for the work.  I know its delicate but come on!  One contractor said he'd need to send out three carpenters for 2 1/2 days in addition to painters and such.  I understood that the work wouldn't be cheap.

My heart sank.  I began to get the feeling that I'd have to save up more money which of course would take longer to get the needed job done.  Not to mention, trying to save money in this economy is like chewing air.  

The guy comes into the kitchen and I said, "Go ahead and write it up."  May as well see what the damage is, I thought to myself.  So he finishes the estimate and says, "Ok, that'll be $950.  We'll take $450 down and the balance you pay upon completion."  

I couldn't belief my own ears!  Here was a price I could finally afford.  I thanked GOD in my mind and couldn't wait to thank Him later in song and praise.  Tears have come to my eyes throughout the day as I think about the many ways GOD shows His love for me.  

GOD made certain that I knew that it was His supernatural power at work.  That is why I can take no credit for finding the heaven sent contractor. 

I'm a kept woman.  GOD keeps me.  GOD keeps my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As an author, I welcome your feedback. Please feel free to comment at any time. GOD bless you.